Mark Greeff, CEO, QStimate
Projects and achievements:
Actavo Jamaica is the Jewel of the Actavo Caribbean projects. We have handed over 11 OLT’s (with 1500 kilometres of cable in the air) in 1 year. In addition to QS functions, Mark has personally controlled 300 kilometres of underground installations (civil) all handed over on time and within budget.
Mark is responsible for:
- all sub contract tenders, appointments, and payments.
- measurements and pricing of projects.
- daily controls of subcontractors.
- Recently written an estimating programme that computes the cost of Building and Civil Engineering in a Bills of Quantity format. (CADimate)
- Responsible for the construction of a sports stadium (R110m) in RSA for 55000 people – Civil Engineering and Building
- Managed the re-construction of Club Med in Mauritius (€10m)
- Construction Manager on the 60,000m2 N1 City (Shopping Mall with 23 Supermarkets) Project in Cape Town RSA
- Considered the concrete specialist for the Civil Engineering Company by which I was employed.
Special skills (aside from Commercial Management/ Quantity Surveying in both Civil Engineering and Building)
- General company management.
- Construction and Project management.
- Estimating and costing on both Civil Engineering and Building Projects.
- Design and compilation of systems particularly directed at Fibre, Building and Civils systems.
- Feasibility and Viability studies.
- Cash flows and budgets.
- Procurement and Costing systems.
- Screening and nomination of contractors.
- Liaison between professional teams
- Chairing meetings
- Contract Administration.
- Expert witness in court cases.
- Setting up new sites/offices.
- Dispute resolution and Due Diligence.
- Dilapidation Schedules.
Mark is an experienced Building Professional (Quantity Surveyor) having progressed into Commercial Management. It is his responsibility to check all estimating, procurement, tendering, site measures, award, monitoring and payment of subcontractors, submitting payment certificates and ensure payment of same.
He has experience in Civil Engineering and Building projects, listed buildings and fit-out projects.
Nanika Prinsloo, Legal: Nanika is an attorney (solicitor) and conveyancer. She has a wide range of experience in the law with a career spanning over 20 years. Her focus is on commercial and contract law and she works internationally. Nanika has a passion for business people as she is aware of what it takes to own and manage a business successfully. She is painfully aware of the legal mistakes that business owners make. She has focused her career on giving legal coaching to business owners so that they are legally protected and aware of their risks. In addition, Nanika has a postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning. Nanika’s clients range from big companies to sole business owners and she has the necessary knowledge and experience to assist both.
Lyn Gunell, Marketing: Lyn has been successfully designing, developing, implementing and marketing web sites for over 18 years. She has an intuitive ability to take from a client’s initial brief the essence of a requirement, a feel for the culture of the company and the desired tone of the proposed website, and to translate these requirements into what is almost invariably a first-time successful permutation. A website is the shop-window for companies in this digital age and Lyn endeavors to portray each company in the best possible light.
In addition to developing websites, Lyn has worked within advertising in printed media.
James Vizor, Information Technology: James has been working in information technology for nearly 20 years and has experience in Software & Web Development, IT Management & Administration and Online Marketing having worked for many blue chip companies including Digital Equipment Corporation, Compaq, Intel, Dell & Microsoft.
James is responsible for managing our IT Infrastructure and data Collection systems as well as automation for our core product solutions.